Saturday, August 4, 2012

Yes, it's been forever since I posted!

I know it's been forever since I posted and I keep kicking myself for not doing it.  It's been a different sort of year that completely threw me off track.  I have excuse after excuse for not posting, but in the end, I just didn't do it.  Every time I thought about the little moments I was missing and not documenting for the kids, I would hate it. 

Since I last posted, Miles said his first "I hate you" around the end of March.  That stung.  He graduated from pre-K in May.  He was super duper excited for my birthday in May and couldn't wait for it.  We bought a house and moved to Stone Mountain, Georgia the end of May and in to June.  We traveled to Indiana so I could run in the Mini-I did well, but not as well as last year.  Still, it was a great time seeing family and friends.  Miles is getting ready to start Kindergarten on Monday.  Kindergarten.  He's got his haircut, backpack packed and his name on everything. He's admittedly excited and scared.  He's sure it's going to be boring and 'you just work all day long.'  Miles has matured over the summer in many ways.  One of the ways I notice most is that although he is not free of tantrums and mood swings (who is?!), he will come to me a few minutes, or hours, later and tell me he is sorry for his behavior.  All on his own.  That makes me glad.  I hear Miles telling Hailey things we have told him in the past-he does hear us!  Hailey is a ham.  She is talking up a storm-strangers can't believe she is two.  She still is grasping the language and melts my heart with her language choices-"I pick you up" is my favorite.  However, I am trying to get her to walk more and break her of me holding her all the time.  Sometimes it works and she will just hold my hand.  I love her little hand in mine.  In our house, the lower part of the stairs are open into the living room; we have a hutch right near the stairs, so you can touch it when on about the 5th step.  On top of the hutch we have photos and some vases.  When walking down, both Hailey and Miles like to touch the ceiling there-it's the only place in the house they can do this.  Hailey also likes to pretend grab from the vase nearest her and pretend to pop something in her mouth and eat it.  When I ask her what she's eating, she replies with either muffins or cupcakes.  She never misses a beat in coming down the stairs while doing this.  It cracks me up!  She is also insistent about her blankets at night and loves this green, soft blanket.  She calls it her "soffer" blanket.  She is still in to this "my belly hurts" phase, something my mother told me I used to say all the time.  I kiss it and usually she moves on.  Now, in bed, she will tell me her belly hurts and then proceed to tell me that all her other parts hurt as well-whatever parts she can remember at the time-toes, elbow, leg, arm, booty, etc.  I proceed to kiss them all until she is satisfied.  She also says "my still belly hurts" instead of "my belly still hurts" and uses the same phrase with all her parts.  It's too cute.  And another phrase I love is "after later".  I believe she combined the two thoughts, "after a while (nap, lunch, etc)" and "later".  Everything is "after later" and it completely satisfies her no matter if it's to go jumpy jump (bounce houses), Chuck E Cheese, Nana's house, to the pool, etc.  Miles is a whiz outside on his scooter and is so anxious to meet all our neighbors.  Just tonight, he was evaluating which neighbors we have yet to meet and how he can't wait to meet them.  Hailey has such a say in what she wears-Miles not so much.  If he picks out his outfits, it's usually something pretty unique, but Hailey will protest an outfit while Miles goes with it if I pick it out.  She is also insistent on her shoe choice and it's usually the little heels or platform sandals.  Oh, the moments.  There are so many uncaptured moments.  The hugs, the kisses, the smiles, and even the tears.  They fill me up inside and keep me going.  I think I am feeling more settled now and feeling better about keeping this up again.  I hope so.  I miss this blog!

No comments: